Welcome to my Resources section, where I share the materials and resources I use to create kawaii drawings you see on this website.
I personally own and use every single item on this page.
Books I Love
When I just need a basic 0.4 sketching pen, I use Artline over Micron. Why? The best way I can describe it is “juicy”. It writes like butter. Plus, it lasts longer than the Micron pens.
Markers, Pencils and Paints
- Copic Ciao markers
- Tombow Dual Brush markers
- Prismacolor pencils
- Caran d’ache pencils
- Bleedproof paper for drawings to save
- good for Copics and other pens
- doesn’t buckle with wet media (like markers and ink)
- more transparent that regular paper, good for tracing
- very smooth and white, good for scanning finished art
- can take a LOT of erasing without going fuzzy
- A4 Printer paper for practice drawings and warm ups, although sometimes those come out good enough to keep!
- Tracing paper
- good for using with Sharpes, as they don’t run like they do on other paper
- if using with other pens for tracing, prepare for smudging; use an extra half-sheet to place under your hand to prevent smudging
- Bristol Vellum Surface
- Faber-Castell dust-free eraser
- General’s Kneaded eraser (for delicate or very precise erasing)
Other Supplies I use
- Paper clips, butterfly clips, long clips (banker’s clasps)
- Lot’s of tea!